A little leaven leavens the whole lump (Galatians 5:9 NKJV).
I realize it has been a while since I last posted an update, however I trust you are continuing to speak life and love over the jars of dirt representing our nation. I’ve had the above verse on my heart since I woke up this morning.
I try not to watch too much news or read too many articles as the perpetrators of fear and law have been working overtime. The enemy of our soul knows he is defeated yet he desires to fight anyway. I have been thinking of how best to pray in light of the few reports I have come across and I want to share what Papa has spoken to me.
A little leaven leavens the whole lump. Pretty straightforward, right? It basically says a small amount is needed to affect something in its entirety. When looking at the current state of this nation, it would appear some leaven has indeed corrupted the whole. 2016 is an election year with candidates still vying for the top spot and no clear direction from many of them; things may appear bleak. I can assure you Papa knows exactly what is going on here, and He still desires us to bless and not curse.
“You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men (Matthew 5:13).
In baking, salt can prohibit the yeast from causing the bread to rise. Used in large amounts, it hinders growth. Since Jesus told us we are the salt of the earth, we have the power within us to hinder the effects of the leaven affecting our nation. It is time for us to rise up and be salty. Salt also created thirst and preserves. When we are truly being salt, those around us want what we have. For too long we have equated saltiness with condemnation, but the two are not compatible. To be salt the way Jesus called us, we must exercise radical love and grace. Each of us can start within our circles of influence.
As we begin 2016, let us not only make a point to continue to speak love and life over our nation, but to walk salty and sure. We have all we need to do this in Christ, we simply have to exercise it.
This year’s prayer points:
- Speak life and love to your jars.
- Season every conversation with salt, lavishing love on everyone you meet.
- Continue to pray for Papa’s governmental authorities on every level in our elections this year.
- Pray for strength and endurance for all of our national intercessors, those behind the scenes as well as those in front.
I am so blessed to be partnering with you on this journey and I know we will see Papa’s hand at work in His divine time. I love you!
Happy New Year
I realize it has been quite a while since I last sent out prayer directives for our nation. We have been simply maintaining our trajectory, continuing on with where God previously directed us to pray. He has, by no means, lifted the mandate, although some of us may not feel as driven to press in as in the past. We are, however, to keep on keeping on! Over the years I have learned that intercession is often a matter of being persistent even if there does not seem to be forward movement. We must never lose heart, even if we feel we are getting nowhere. Always trust that God is on the move. 🙂
While I have not gotten any “smack me in the face” specific direction from the Holy Spirit outright, I have had the rumblings of one word in my spirit over the last month and that is “agenda”. Upon further reflection, this is where we are now to begin directing our intercession. We must press in for the hidden agenda of the enemy to be revealed and frustrated, and for the agenda of heaven to enter into the earthly realm. Our prayers must be filled with mercy and love, grace and truth; we must not pray from hearts of bitterness, but hearts of love. Life is in the language of heaven. When we speak heaven’s language, we speak life into all things. This is how we disable and disrupt the enemy’s agenda.
- Continue to speak life and love to your jar of dirt; speak words of faith, of mercy; declare God’s faithfulness and His great joy! Play worship music, read Scripture, minister to the jar. Remember, this is a prophetic act and what we do in faith like this, we release into the spirit realm.
- Intercede for a revelation of the enemy’s plans, for them to be turned and used for good, for God’s plans to prevail. Remember to enlist prayer help when you get pushback from any territorial spirits in your area. Do not engage on your own, always seek the Holy Spirit for guidance.
- Never accept any negative words regarding your state, the political, educational, agricultural, governmental, family, etc arenas – always bless, do not curse. There is a positive for every negative, we must discern the positive and disengage the negative.
Thank you for continuing on with me. God is at work and things are happening!
Blessings, hugs and love,
I am sure I am not the only one facing resistance when it comes to praying for our state(s). These last few days have been oh, so tough and it’s been difficult to press through and pray the Father’s heart, but God is merciful, giving grace aplenty to tap into and draw from! We will do well to keep this at the forefront of our minds when resistance rears its ugly head!
Week 12 Directives:
Twelve is a significant biblical number; many resources point to it being the number of government, others indicate it represents perfection and authority. There were twelve tribes of Israel and Jesus had twelve apostles. We are going to focus on government. As you know, the presidential candidacy race is getting underway and we must begin to earnestly press in for God’s authority to lead this nation. We must not forget the other governmental races which run statewide alongside the presidential. One of Satan’s most used tactics is to divert focus to one area so he can sneak in the back door of another. We must be ever vigilant in our prayer to keep those doors closed and pay attention to the larger picture.
- Remember to declare how much your jar is loved, speak life and love over it no matter what is happening in your state.
- Declare God’s righteous and just government, for leaders of integrity to rise up, for Christians to redefine ministry to include political office on all levels, and for them to lead from a place of love using Jesus as their example.
- Declare Scripture over your state, specifically ones that speak to God’s authority. As we speak Scripture over our states, we set in motion things in the spirit that will move into the natural. 1 Chronicles 29:11 VOICE “All that is great and powerful and glorious and victorious and majestic is Yours, O Eternal One. Indeed everything that is in the heavens and the earth belongs to You. The kingdom belongs to You, O Eternal One, and You are the head of it all.
Blessings, Hugs and Love!